How long does it take to smoke sausage in a smoker?
about 3 hours
What is the best sausage to smoke?
What Kind of Sausage to Smoke
- Italian Sausages. Get them in two varieties – hot and sweet.
- Chorizo. This is best known as the Mexican variety.
- Bratwurst. Bratwurst sausage recipes are from Germany.
- Andouille. If you are looking for Cajun-made fresh sausage with spicy flavors, Andouille is the name to go.
What temp do you smoke sausage?
The Meat Smoking Process for Sausage
- Keep the temperature inside the sausage smoker between 160 and 165 degrees F. Max.
- Take your sausage out of the smoker when it reaches an internal temperature of 152 degrees F.
How do you cook sausage in a smoker?
Backwoods Gourmet Homemade Smoked Sausage –
How do you smoke sausage in an electric smoker?
- Set the smoker for 250F and get it smoking with the wood chips/pucks.
- Place the Italian sausage on smoker racks at least a 1/2 inch apart.
- Smoke for 3 hours or until the internal temperature is 165F.